Lately I’ve been getting a lot of people giving out warnings about the wedding planning process. I mean, it can’t be that bad right?!?! “You’re going to argue! Just be prepared”
hmm…I mean, me and L haven’t really argued at all since we started dating. Well there was one time, when I pretty much told her to stop crying. I’ll never (EVER EVER EVER) make that mistake again.
Other than that one temporary lapse in judgment (checkpoints strike again), we haven’t really argued at all. We have disagreed on things, but one thing that me and L do so well is talk (boy can she talk!). I haven’t been very communicative in relationships of the past, and (big shocker) that haven’t worked out. I decided to take a different approach with L and it (big shocker) has been amazing!
So now that people are warning me about the amount of arguing we are going to be doing, I’m semi-afraid! We have had discussions about the wedding planning where we didn’t agree on things, but we explained our feelings and we listened to each others concerns and worked it out.
I mean, when I told her that I wanted to put toaster ovens as the centerpieces and have everyone make Poptarts and Eggo‘s for appetizers, I thought the earth was going to implode. Luckily, L chalked it all up to a joke, and I played along (i’ll bring up the idea of a hot plate and some Ramen noodles at a later date!)
I keep wondering if I should be afraid about this planning process. Especially once prices start to be dropped, and extra things start to be requested that are unnecessary, like napkins.
Honestly though, I have to make sure to keep the communication game going and use the tiptoe technique a little more (Tiptoe technique – Starting off a sentence with “Baby, maybe…”). Now that I think about it, there is so much I can screw up in the next few months:
- Registry (already started this sabotage mission!)
- Honeymoon (some places are $400-$600 a night!! How much is a tent and sleeping bag?)
- Guest list
- Wedding planning during football season (planning before noon on Saturdays and 1pm on Sundays are a must. If the ACC plays on Thursday night, that day is out too)
- Wedding planning during Hockey season (that’s like 3 days a week that are out)
- Invitations and announcements (this just sounds mega expensive. What are stamps now? like 2 bucks a piece?)
- Tux (I just have a bad feeling I will not plan well regarding this)
- Wedding music (She is corny different, I am cool. No other way to put it)
- Video games vs. wedding planning (easy decision)
Maybe I need to order one of those 200 page wedding planners for myself. Actually maybe I just need to tattoo a reminder on my hand. It’s actually the same thing my dad told me to do regarding my mom when I was 10.
DO WHAT SHE ASKS, WHEN SHE ASKS IT!